RIDERS ONLY. Presenting the latest MILFCAST, 003, from Hot Mom USA and rave bad boy Wheez-ie. Wheez-ie has been known literally to start riots with his music. He once made Queen Elizabeth punch a small baby straight in her mouth and then scream “USA! USA! USA!” with a bottle of Jack Daniels in her hand. Bunch of xxxclusives in this mix, plus the premiere of his remix of Spooky – Code 9, out September 3rd *Labor Day* on Hot Mom USA. Listen below:
The Mishka Keep Watch mix series is one of the most prestigious and forward thinking out there. It has featured names like Skream, Major Lazer, Rusko, Buraka Som Sistema, 12th Planet, and more. Needless to say, I was thrilled to get the nod back in January of 2011 for Vol. XXIII.
Well, my excitement has gone up 10 notches, as they have just ranked my mix the most memorable of the whole freaking series! #1, bwoy! Read the article here and peep the mix below.
“1. Shiftee – Keep Watch Vol. XXIII
At the end of the day, a mix is not just a collection of tracks, but it’s the combination of those things into a larger singular unit. Shiftee’s turn on the decks had to number one just because of the immense skill this world champion DJ displayed putting this thing together. You can practically hear him panting in the background as his hands fly lightning fast from knob to slider to scratch.
In addition to the technical aspects, Shiftee was aces on the track selection, mixing of the moment hip hop with every kind of dance music under the sun and then chopping it all into an intoxicating mixture that hits as hard today as the day it dropped. Kudos to you Shiftee, and to all the artists who have contributed a Keep Watch mix. You all killed it!” – Mishka Bloglin
Just dropped a mix for Noisy Dubs. Lots o’ dubstep, grime, scratching, and some new (to me) styles with live sample use.
To download the mix: “Like” the NoisyDubs facebook‘s and go to their Free Noise!!! section.
1. Live 808 + Scratch Intro
2. Nitin Sawhney – The Devil and Midnight (Engine-EarZ Experiment Remix)
3. Goth Trad – Back To Chill
4. Cookie Monsta – Bubble Trouble
5. Skream – Exothermic Reaction + “Bubble” Scratch
6. Estelle – I Can Be Your Freak (TC Bootleg)
7. Cosmic Revenge – Mind Eraser + “Freak” Scratch
8. MRK1 – Download The World
9. Your Dirty Habit + Trill Bass – Goin Down (PLS DNT STP REMIX)
10. Kanye West & JAY Z – Ni**as in Paris + Live 808 Paris Flex
11. Rx – Bang Yer Head + “Bars So Hot” Scratch
12. Phear Phace – This Is The Rhythm vs. Big Boi – Kryptonite vs. 16Bit – Boston Cream
13. Gucci Mane & Waka Flocka Flame – PacMan
14. Atari – PAC MAN instrumental
15. Teeza – B4 The Storm
16. Xcuse ft. Ayarcana – Allright (Shiftee Remix)
17. Marxmen and Alias – No Dream + “Allright” Scratch
18. DJ Cable – Wooo Jackpot
19. Numan – Red Winter
20. Deset – Troll
21. Big E-D – Frontline (Terror Danjah Remix) + “Gremlin” Scratch
22. Main Attrakionz – Take 1 ft. A$AP Rocky (prod. by Clams Casino)
10 of my favorite tracks from August. To learn why I like these particular songs (and others), check out my weekly top 10 column for DMC World Magazine.
AUGUST TOP 10
1. Rustie – All Night
2. Willy Joy – Woman Like Me (Flinch Remix)
3. Ben Westbeech – Something For The Weekend (Breach Remix)
4. Terror Danjah – Full Attention (Royal-T Remix)
5. Main Attrakionz – Take 1 ft. A$AP Rocky
6. The Weeknd – The Party & The After Party (Kastle Remix)
7. Skream – Exothermic Reaction
8. Xcuse ft. Ayarcana – Allright (Shiftee Remix)
9. DJ Diamond – Rep Yo Clique (Remix)
10. Gucci Mane & Waka Flocka Flame – Mud Musik ft. Tity Boy a.k.a. 2 Chains
This message has been approved by Tity Boy (a.k.a. 2 Chains).
Statement on the mix – This mix is a bit like a rollercoaster for small children, vertically challenged adults, senior citizens, and tall wimps. There are ups and downs, sharps turns, and surprises, but ultimately it rarely veers too far in a particular direction. There are no 1000 foot drops on these rides. JUST LIKE THIS MIX (well, maybe there are a few ).
That is not to say the mix is boring or that I don’t do tons of tricks and scratching. Listen, kiddie rollercoasters are fun (okay, maybe I’m a tall wimp). They may not terrify the beegesus out of you, but they always posses a nice balance of smooth riding and excitement. JUST LIKE THIS MIX.
Last point. Just because a rollercoaster is meant for kids, doesn’t mean it’s always smooth sailing. Sometimes these rides are uncomfortable, and often they have themes and surroundings that are just plain bizarre. You might look to your left and see a giant stuffed mouse wearing nothing but a bow tie and talking to a huge naked purple dinosaur. JUST LIKE THIS MIX.
1. The Bug – Jah War ft. Flowdan (Loefah Remix)
2. Numan – Wild Fire (w/ hints of XXXY – You Always Start It)
3. Starkey – Lenses
4. UGK – International Players Anthem ft. Outkast
5. Talk – Walking Disease (Deathface Remix)
6. Maniac – Evil Dead
7. Jon E Cash – Spanish Fly
8. Loefah – Disko Rekah
9. Silkie – Mattaz
10. Kastle – Bring Me Back
11. Dizzee Rascal + Chase & Status – Heavy
12. Fused Forces & DJ Cable – Flocka Riddim
13. Skream – Make Me
14. Terror Danjah – Planet Shock
15. Tunnidge – Dark Skies
16. Digital Boy + Shark – Gangster Rave (Rx & Chae Hawk Remix)
17. DZ – The Beginning
18. Reso – Expansion Ratio
19. Mensah – Digital Dreamer
20. Morgan Zarate – Hookid
21. Rx & Shiftee – Space Ace
When Mishka tapped me to be Vol. XXIII of their prestigious Keep Watch mix series, I tapped them back in an accepting manner because I’m a gentleman who believes in Hammurabi’s Code. Past artists in the series have included Major Lazer, Skream, Rusko, Crookers, 12th Planet, Congorock, Craze, Klever, and more, so I knew I couldn’t just twiddle my fingers on this one. I had to spend my time instead making a good mix.
Here’s my official statement on the end result: “”No crazy concept here (my sounds of the sea compilation will have to wait). I simply wanted to feature a bunch of tracks I’m feeling right now, and put them together in an interesting, scratch-happy way. Some of the tunes are old, some are recent, some are unreleased, some are so new Kanye don’t even know about ‘em. One of them actually is Kanye. In any case, the listener will experience an eclectic array of mostly dubstep and grime. There will be twists, there will be turns, and of course, there will be scratching.”